Fairplay is committed to respecting your privacy and has always processed your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Data Protection laws will be updated from May 25th 2018 and will increase your rights and give you improved control over the personal information Fairplay holds about you.
How Fairplay Collects Personal Information
Fairplay collects personal information directly from you when you make the decision to become a Fairplay member. Fairplay also collects data if you make a donation, sign up to volunteer, become a Board Member or play the Unity Lottery.
The Personal Information Collected
- Title, name and year of birth to verify age (to enable Fairplay to offer suitable support for its members and identification of staff and board members and eligibility to play the Unity Lottery 18 +)
- Contact details such as address, postcode, email address and telephone number
- Financial information such as bank details (donors and staff)
- Whether you are a tax payer (staff, donors or gift aid)
- Your emergency contact details which could be family, spouse or friend
- Records of your contact with Fairplay
The Data Protection Act stipulates some information as sensitive which includes but not limited to information that reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
Fairplay will always treat such data with the utmost care and process all information in accordance with the GDPR
Why Fairplay Collects your Personal Data
Fairplay collects personal data to:
- ensure the safety of its members, health and medication and to enable Fairplay to offer the correct support to its members
- ensure Fairplay can contact the relevant person during an emergency situation
- run a successful payroll for all its staff members
- check the suitability of its staff through the process of Disclosure and Barring Checks
- hold information of its Board Members who have overall responsibility for the running of Fairplay
- process donations
- reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations if applicable
- to keep you informed about Fairplay’s work
We love to share news about how Fairplay is supporting its members and involvement in the local community. This includes sending you information about our work, news, appeals, events and information about volunteering.
- Email and Text contact marketing – Fairplay will ask you for your permission to contact you by email and text for marketing purposes
- Postal Marketing – Fairplay will ask you for your permission to contact you by post for marketing purposes
You can update your marketing preferences by contacting the Fairplay office 01246 203963 or by emailing email@example.com.
How Long Fairplay Keeps Your Personal Information
Fairplay will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements.
Your information Rights
The GDPR gives you the right to:
- Request in writing a copy of the information that Fairplay holds about you
- To correct or update any personal information
- To request Fairplay to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or any other purpose where there is no legal purpose to do so
List of APIs used on the website and what data is being sent or pulled
- Google MAP API is being used on the site to show our location for the map on the contact page
- YouTube API is being used to show embedded YouTube videos on the site.
- GoCardless Pro is being used to take payments for donations on the site.
Please contact Fairplay if you have any concerns or compliments about Fairplay’s handing of your personal information
Changes To This Privacy Statement
Fairplay will review this statement on a regular basis